Sunday, May 25, 2008

A Little of This & That...


It's been a busy week here. We spent tuesday and wednesday night in Brandon hanging out at the hotel while Brad was teaching. The kids had a great time and loved the special room with bunkbeds just for them. Noah did well and even allowed me to dip his toes in the pool for a couple of minutes.



But, of course, in true Noah style, things can't stay status quo for long! On Friday night, he managed to yank out his GJ tube by getting it caught on the deck outside. This always seems to happen on the weekend. And usually he ends up getting admitted because there is no radiologist available to put the tube back in. So, I decided not to take him in until Monday, and just run fluids and our emergency bag of TPN to get us through the weekend. Hopefully tomorrow we can figure out a plan to get it put back in and avoid an admission. He also has his kidney ultrasound tomorrow to check on the status of his stone. I'm just praying that we don't have to go through the ER for the tube issue!

To top it all off, he's got a nasty head cold and his poor eyes are constant fountains of drainage. Poor little guy just looks miserable!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am not sure if I should feel sorry for my little hero for pulling out his GJ tube, or praise God that he was outside on the deck enjoying the weather and being a normal kid! My prayers continue, and I hope your visit to the hospital goes well.