Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Blessed

It's been a long time since I've posted here. Life has been busy and full. And lately, I no longer seem to know what to write here. My grief has become much more private. That doesn't mean that I don't still grieve. I still grieve...I will live the rest of my life grieving. Not a day goes by where I don't think about Noah, and how I desperately wish he was still here on earth with us. No matter how much "simpler" our lives may be now, or how much freedom we have to do the things we've always wanted to do, I would give it all up for one more smile...one more cuddle. It helps to know that others still care...that his legacy lives on today. This past week, our family was blessed with a most incredible gift. A couple of months ago, an online scrapbooking group called the Mousescrappers contacted me. They had been touched by Noah's story, and wanted to make a digital scrapbook of our wishtrip to help us preserve those precious memories. Of course, I was very excited and eagerly said "yes", so they worked with me to gather all our pictures and help me journal and organize our memories. Over 40 people worked on this project and somehow they turned our precious memories into something amazing!! It ended up turning into such a huge project, that the group made us 2 books as they could not fit it all into one. Needless to say, the books turned out FABULOUS!!! They are so much more than I ever imagined they would be and we are so thrilled with them! I wish I could put into words what this means to me. I can never thank them enough for tackling this project that I was too overwhelmed to ever attempt to do myself. Thank you so much Mousescrappers!! You are all so incredibly talented and this means more to us than you will ever know! I am so thankful to have our memories preserved in such a beautiful way. We have had such a great time going through the books and reliving those precious moments together. I can't wait to show the books off to everyone!!

18 comments:

Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim said...

What a beautiful gift for your family. I can't wait to spend some time looking at them too!

Anonymous said...

Oh how wonderful. I am sooo happy for you guys, what an amazing gift. I bet those books are just incredible!!! Still think about your little Noah and keep him in our prayers all the time. Big hugs to you!!!

Sincerely,
Beth Ann (aka Mousetripper)

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is amazing! it just amazes me how people have blessed you in so many diferent ways. I can hardly wait to see it. Granny

B. Unrau said...

This is so beautiful! As are you and your family! You are an inspiration to all moms, what a blessing god has given us to have people like you on this earth!!! God bless you!

laura.h said...

Can't wait to see those books! What a great thing for you guys to have and look at together and remember Noah and his smiles!

Linda said...

That is so amazing! I'm all teary eyed for you. :) :) :)

mrstank said...

Hi! I am Kat, I worked on some of your pages. Noah was a beautiful, happy boy and I was honored to work on his book for you. My son is in heaven too, and I imagine a wonderful happy place where all the kids can play together while they wait until we can join them again. Much love to you and your family.

Fiona said...

I'm so glad you loved the book. It looks amazing!
I'm glad I could help preserve these precious memories!

Fiona (Mousescrapper Fioontje)

Anonymous said...

Hi Nichole! I was also one of the Mousescrappers (luv2scrapmm) and we were so honored to do this book for your family. The love you all share and shared with Noah and the way you give still to other families and to GKTW is truly inspiring.

Monica

Brittney said...

Hi Nicole!! I feel so blessed to have been able to work on these books for your family. I think it blessed us just as much as it may have blessed you. Enjoy those books!! BIG HUGS to your family.

Anonymous said...

absolutely stunning pages. how wonderful to have those memories so close.

Anonymous said...

We are so blessed to have had Noah's story cross our hearts and minds. It helps us realize how blessed we are. I lost my son also and know the pain that follows you through the years. I hope your children cherish these books as much as you will.

With prayers,
April (sparklehal @ Mousescrappers)

Anonymous said...

We are so blessed to have had Noah's story cross our hearts and minds. It helps us realize how blessed we are. I lost my son also and know the pain that follows you through the years. I hope your children cherish these books as much as you will.

With prayers,
April (sparklehal @ Mousescrappers)

Maroo said...

Oh I am totally balling my eyes out!! This is really great. So glad u guys connected!!

Sarah said...

Hi Nichole! I'm also a mouse scrapper that worked on your book. It was a real blessing to be able to work on these books for your family. I hope you all enjoy the books. Big hug, Sarah

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful way to remember all the wonderful times. Thanks for sharing this, Nicole.
Anita

October said...

Hi Nichole! Remember me? You met me at the France fountain with Kailyn right after you got back from your Disney cruise. I am so happy you and your family love the books. It was a blessing to work on them and I pray that they are a blessing to you as well. I am pray that they help you remember Noah and all of the wonderful times you had with him while he was here on this earth. I know that he is in his Heavenly Father's arms, and that one day you will see him again.

Blessings,
October