Friday, August 31, 2007

Praise You In This Storm


I was sure by now that You would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
Stepped in and saved the day
But once again, I say "Amen" and it's still raining

As the thunder rolls I barely hear You whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as your mercy falls I raise my hand and praise the God who gives
And takes away

I'll praise you in this storm and I will lift my hands
For You are who You are no matter where I am
Every tear I've cried You hold in your hand
You never left my side, and though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

I remember when I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry, You raised me up again
My strength is almost gone, how can I carry on
If I can't find You?

I lift my eyes unto the hills
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord
The Maker of Heaven and Earth

~Casting Crowns

My sister-in-law gave me a copy of this song when Noah was born. Yesterday I read the lyrics on my sister, Jamie's, blog and once again they touched me. Noah is continuing to spike high fevers again this evening. No word on the blood cultures yet but if we don't hear anything by tomorrow, then it's good news. So if this is just a virus, we are praying that Noah can fight this off soon so he can be well for his surgery next week.


"Sometimes God calms our storms. Sometimes he chooses to ride them with us."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes, Nichole, we are praying that he won't have to go in, until his surgery date. May you feel God's arms holding you up. love you mom