Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

A little of everything to post today. The good news first... Noah's lungs are slowly improving. We were able to make big changes on the oscillator settings today. The MAP is down to 18 and the Amplitute is 45. There is talk of trying to switch him to a conventional ventilator in the next day or two! A huge step forward for Noah!! The bad news...Noah has continued to spike fevers. No word on the cultures yet. Very worried. And the ugly...We are having a very difficult time maintaining Noah's blood pressures. He got rid of alot of fluid today, but it was so fast that he was having trouble maintaining his pressures. So we were forced to stop the Lasix for now, even though he still has so much excess fluid. And we are having to bolus him with Pentaspan to increase his blood volume. And he recieved albumin again this evening. His pressures are still unstable tonight.

It breaks my heart to see Noah like this, when he was so full of life and joy. I miss that infectious laugh so much and I ache to hear it again. I know that there is a place beyond this earth free of pain and sorrow. But that doesn't make it any easier to let go. I still beg and plead for Noah's life.

Sometimes the way is lonely
And steep and filled with pain
So if your sky is dark and pours the rain, then
Cry to Jesus
Cry to Jesus
Cry to Jesus and live...
Chris Rice

7 comments:

The Keowns said...

glad to hear some good news. I was listening to that song this morning and actually was thinking about you guys.

Anonymous said...

Noah has been on my mind all week. We are praying for you Noah, and for you Nichole, and Brad & Joshua & Kaitlyn. May you all feel God's arms wrapped around you!!
Val Penner

Rosanna Toews said...

I cry with you.

Jamie said...

We love you guys lots and think of you often. I'm sure you're exhausted and so I'm praying for rest and strength for you guys today.

nicole said...

We are pleading for Noah's life along with you.

Anonymous said...

John 16:33 Jesus spake, "These things have I spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world."

Noah has touched my life so much, and I have never met the little soldier. He has taught me so much, and I thank God for your strength Nichole, that you are able to share your son with us. My prayers are with you all.

Anonymous said...

I watched the videof Noah and saw what joy he has brought to the world. It hurt me to see him on his stomack with all the monitors hooked to him.we know Noah longs to run and play like other children. We pray God answers this prayer. We love you Nichole. Dad