Friday, February 15, 2008

Ventilator!!!!!!!!!!

Noah has taken some great leaps forward today...he is off the oscillator and on the conventional ventilator!! Never thought I'd be so excited to report that Noah is on a ventilator...it's all perspective, I guess. The transition went very smoothly. The oscillator hasn't left his room yet...the doctor isn't quite convinced he may not need it again, but so far so good! The ventilator is quiet, calm and it looks so much more comfortable for Noah. And he no longer needs to be paralyzed. He is still well sedated, but able to move his muscles now. He opened his eyes for a few seconds today and squeezed our finger. How that makes my heart soar!! We are so excited for this big step forward. We know he still has a long way to go, but there is hope and I feel like for the first time in 9 days I can breathe again. His blood pressures have been stable today and no more fevers. We've been able to start the Lasix again to help him get rid of more fluid.

Of course not all good news...his blood culture has come back growing a gram negative bug again. This explains the persistant fevers. It is likely still the Pseudomonous, but when it comes to Noah and bugs, NOTHING is assumed! So another antibiotic was added this evening to give him better coverage. Praying we can beat this one.

9 comments:

nicole said...

Praise the Lord! I am so excited to see Him answering prayer! I'm also glad you are able to breathe a little easier.
We're still praying.

Anonymous said...

That is good news! I continue to pray for all of you.

Kathy McCamis

Janelle said...

thinking of you & praying for you! Noah is one special little man...

Anonymous said...

You've been on our minds and in our prayers. We are so happy to hear this positive news. God performs miracles. If anyone doubts this, they haven't met Noah!
Tracy, Kevin & girls

Anonymous said...

Yes! I knew he could do it Nichole! Remember, every breath that goes in brings fresh air and health, every breath going out gets rid of these darn "bugs". I'm so glad you got to see those beautiful eyes and feel his hand squeeze. I'm sad I can't be there to see him this weekend... but the days go fast and I'll be back in person to cheer him on, in the mean time we are praying and cheering from home for Noah and all of you! Love,
Nicole.

Dianna said...

I too a total stranger am touched with this journey and am thankful to you for allowing me to follow along with you totally praying alongside you. For where 2 or 3 are gathered in my name there will I be amongst them.

Jamie said...

I'm so thankful you got to see Noah's eyes and feel his touch today.

Anonymous said...

GOD BE PRAISED. It was so good to se him yesterday, looking so much better. I am so amazed that God continues to show us his strength and power through Noah's life. Love you both mom

Anonymous said...

Thinking of both you, Nicole and Noah - everyday. Hoping your whole family is hanging together during this stressful time. God is always there, even if things feel so crushing. And through these days, when you feel alone, remember there are so many prayers and praise going on for you and your family, that you would be able to wrap yourself up in them.
Don't forget to eat and sleep! Sending you love,
Myrna