Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Leaps & Bounds

Noah has been improving by leaps and bounds over the past couple of days!! Despite continued fevers, he was able to switch to PSV mode yesterday so he is initiating all his own breathing and the vent settings are minimal now. He is slowly weaning off all the sedation and was quite awake this evening. His strength is returning quicker than we anticipated and we are already having to watch those little hands. This evening he was able to lift both his arms and legs off the bed. There is talk of trying to extubate him tomorrow and see how he does! What an incredible little boy we have! To see him open his eyes and respond to us just brings me to tears. I can't wait to hear that cry!!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nichole,
I've been following Noah's miraculous journey since he was still in his Mommy's womb and am SO happy to hear today is a great day! Praise God!
Kristie

Kelsie-Lynn said...

We are praising God with you and we are still praying!

Anonymous said...

Way to go little lamb!!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear that God is answering EVERYONE's prayers and Noah is doing so much better. I am so amazed at your strength Nicole.

Anonymous said...

So excited to hear the good news...praying for continued healing.
sandie
(would love to meet you for a coffee break if you had a few minutes one day...let me know if you want to)

Janice said...

awwww...so I come back after a wk of not reading your blog and I'm crying. What did I expect? I'm so sorry for all you all have been through..and little Noah...:( So thankful he's doing better!!!

Janice

Summer said...

That is such wonderful news!! hope he has a full recovery!!!!

nicole said...

Praise the Lord! We're so glad to see Noah doing better. God is good.

Nicole and Helmut

Kimberly said...

Hallelujah!

Leanne said...

How relieving! I am thanking God and still praying.

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you buddy. Nichole, your faith is amazing. we really didn't think he would pull through. will see him next week. Love you mom

Anonymous said...

PRAISE GOD!

-Jill :)

Anonymous said...

We have been reading your blog and praying lots for you. It's so good to hear Noah is doing better over the past few days! Our kids pray every night for Noah.
Erica & Wayne

Anonymous said...

Way to go Noah! Nichole, I'm happy to hear of Noah's improvements. God is good all the time!

Still praying for you all.

~Rissa and family