Saturday, February 02, 2008
Still Hanging Around
It was a rough evening for Noah yesterday. His breathing got progressively worse over the course of the day, and he began having alot of respiratory distress in the evening and another temperature spike. The RRT (rapid response team) was called because his breathing became so difficult. He narrowly escaped another PICU visit, but we managed to settle him on the ward with fluid boluses, oxygen and multiple ventolin masks. His chest xray showed some pneumonia in both lungs. And new blood cultures were drawn, which have come back STILL growing the dreaded yeast. If the treatment was being effective, we should be getting negative cultures by now, so ID is trying to decide what course of treatment we should take next. His hemoglobin is still dropping, so this evening he recieved another blood transfusion. Hopefully that will help perk him up and give his body a good boost. He was looking much better today which was good to see after last night's scare. Please continue praying that our little man can beat this yeast once and for all!